GTN Travel & Workday Calendar
- Do you have employees either transferring or working (on short-term or long-term assignments) outside of their home jurisdiction?
- Are those employees tracking their ‘days of presence’ and workdays (in various taxing jurisdictions) on an ongoing basis?
- Do you have real-time visibility to this valuable information, or are you instead made aware of it “after the fact,” when it may be too late?
Tracking and Recording Travel
When you or your employees are in a foreign country on an assignment, the task of tracking and recording each travel and workday record can be a daunting, though critical, task. Tracking work and non-work days is important in determining, for example, the “source” of income, or whether your employees might be subject to (or exempt from) tax in a host taxing jurisdiction (e.g., based on days of presence, whether an income tax treaty or reciprocal agreement is in place, or the income earned in the host jurisdiction). Their actual or anticipated ‘days of presence’ in a host location may impact, for example, residency, or whether a work permit is required for the host jurisdiction.
Visibility for Planning
The GTN Travel and Workday Calendar provides your employees with a convenient and easy to use tool to record (on an ongoing basis) their actual and projected travel and workdays. Our tool will also allow your company program administrators (and your designated vendors) access and visibility to critical information that can help avoid unwanted events.
With the GTN Travel and Workday Calendar, you and your employees will have access to the following features:
- Ability to track the dates and locations for each departure and arrival in a new location,
- Ability to track ‘work’ or ‘non-work’ days before, during, and after the assignment period,
- Reports summarizing each persons travel and workday information. With these reports, you can tell the number of days worked or ‘days of presence’ in each jurisdiction,
- Ability to add projected travel and workday records, as well as post those records as “final”, and
- Visibility for the Company into each employee’s travel and workday information for auditing, compliance, and planning purposes.
Minimize Employee Administrative Time
Tracking and recording travel and workday information can be both time consuming and frustrating for your employees if they do not have the right resources. The GTN Travel and Workday Calendar tool is the right tool for the job and will help make your employees assignment a more enjoyable experience while providing visibility to the Company into critical business information.
In addition to tracking your employees who are on long-term assignments, our web based Calendar tool can also be used to track short term international business travelers, along with domestic business travelers.
Please contact us with any questions, comments, or recommendations; we can be reached at support4MyGTN@GTN.com.