Our tax organizer is customized for you—a much faster, easier way to organize and send your tax preparation information. The tax organizer helps ensure you do not overlook important tax data and allows you to conveniently use your home computer to provide that data to us.
All you need is an Internet connection to submit your information via this secure, dependable online tool.
Your Online Tax Notebook can be accessed via your My GTN Portal
Some of the features included in your online tax organizer include:
- More intuitive, less time-consuming
- Secure—your information is safe
- Comprehensive—to help us identify savings opportunities
- Automatically skips the sections that do not apply to you
- Print a report of your information for your records
- Complete your tax organizer as you have time—no need to do it all at once, we will save your data
- We automatically know when your tax organizer is complete
- Email us at any time during the process with questions
- Prior year information is pre-populated for most clients
Completing your tax organizer is easy! It can be accessed via the My GTN Portal. You simply answer all questions and complete relevant sections and upload your documents online. When your tax organizer is complete, you can print a copy for your records, and then submit your tax information to us with just the click of a button—"send my tax information to my accountant!"
Tips for Using the Tax Organizer
- Security Time out
- For your security, the tax organizer automatically requires users to log in again after 20 minutes of inactivity
- Page Loading Issues
- Every page in the tax organizer is saved when you navigate from one page to the next. Make sure each page has fully loaded before continuing to enter your tax data. The completion of the loading process is indicated by the word “Done” in the bottom left corner of your browser window.
- Disable Pop-up Blocker
- If you are using pop-up blocking software, it must be disabled
The tax organizer requires the following browser settings to allow dynamic programming:
- Pop-ups must be allowed for this site.
- Cookies must be allowed. Note: IE 6.x users must set the Privacy settings to Medium or lower
- ActiveX controls must be enabled.
- The site is best viewed with browser text size set to Medium, which is usually the default setting.
- Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher
- Mozilla Firefox 1.0 or higher
- Macintosh OS X
- Mozilla Firefox 1.0 or higher
- Safari 1.2 or higher
At GTN, we recognize the importance all clients place on the privacy and confidentiality of their information. While new technologies allow us to more efficiently serve you, we are committed to maintaining rigorous privacy standards. When we store and retrieve your tax organizer data, our provider’s (CCH) processing site uses SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology to ensure all information remains safe and private. SSL is an established and mature internet security standard with two dominant features: data encryption and identification of the secured web server.
Data encryption is the process of transforming legible information into a complex arrangement of illegible information. The only way to make this data legible and useful again is to decrypt it, or reverse the process of encryption. In addition, SSL uses a private/public key combination to identify and encrypt data when it is sent, and to decrypt it when it is received.
Finally, our provider’s internet-based systems are protected behind firewalls, and all mission critical servers are deployed in a cluster environment with high fault tolerant for fail-over.
Please note that our standard fees are based on the completion of the tax organizer. You can also engage us to help walk you through the process if needed.
For further information, please contact your GTN client service team, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.