As the World Health Organization labeled the coronavirus outbreak or COVID-19 a pandemic on March 11, 2020, we wanted to reach out to our clients, business affiliates, and friends to let you know GTN’s current plan of action in response to these uncertain times.
As with many firms, our primary focus will remain on the safety and well-being of our employees, clients, and families. Due to this, we have put the following temporary travel restrictions in place for our employees, along with additional recommendations to keep everyone safe:
- Until 30 April 2020, suspending all international business travel.
- In the event an employee must travel internationally, they are required to work from home for 14 days upon returning from their trip.
- Until 30 April 2020, discouraging all domestic business travel.
- We encourage the use of virtual means of communications as much as possible For example, we recommend:
- Holding client meetings via Zoom video conference when/if possible
- Limiting in-person meetings to only ones of a critical nature
- Holding internal staff meetings via Zoom video conference or postponing if not critical
- Changing live events and roundtables to online webinars
- GTN remains committed to a flexible workplace, and therefore we have the technological, cultural, and operational infrastructure for our organization to work virtually, should the firm-wide need arise.
While we remain focused on the health and safety of our team and those around us, we also want to reaffirm our commitment to providing the same quality and timely services our clients deserve and expect. As important updates are brought to our attention, such as any delays or extensions in tax filing deadlines, we will issue updates via our blog, emails, and personal communications.
If you have employees that are currently working in another country, review our recent blog article that outlines steps to take to address the global mobility tax and social security risks. If you have specific questions related to this, please reach out to your GTN contact.
We hope you and your loved ones are well and remain safe during this time. If you need additional support, please don’t hesitate to reach out.